Wednesday, April 13, 2011

SAME OL', SAME OL'

I have this sinking feeling quite often. It's been happening the last ten years or so and it's always related to money. I got a part-time job with the county library system ten years ago the 30th of this month. I really liked the job and was sure I'd get a full-time position soon.

I haven't.

Meanwhile I got another job writing a weekly column for a local newspaper. Last Jan. I was let go. I have not been able to replace the little bit of money the column brought it. Plus the library hours were cut (I work extra hours.) and on top of that I lost income to furlough days. The month or so after my surgery was pretty hard. If it weren't for my friends and my brother, I don't know what I would have done.

But you'd think I would be able to solve this problem. You'd think I could land a full-time job - somewhere. It's discouraging and hence the sinking feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment